Monday, December 24, 2007

Excessive feast




Today was a day of wallowing in excessive feast. It started at lunchtime with a visit to a local yum cha restaurant here in Canberra. I tend to over eat at yum cha establishments....those tiny dumplings go down so very easily. The problem here was compounded by the fact that this was no ordinary yum cha restaurant. No. This was an all-you-can-eat yum cha restaurant. Many many dim sums later (not to mention the odd chicken feet), I was finally satiated (not sure if satiated is the right word here...'bursting at the seams' is probably more apt). Dinner was just as excessive. My parents tend to go over board. We had not only the good old turkey but also a huge christmas ham, salmon, prawns and a whole bunch of salads. I think I'm going to be eating leftovers for the rest of the time I am here in Canberra.

No comments: