Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cube



Took Nathan out to the Cube last night, Canberra's only gay nightclub. Ironically, the nightclub is situated in a space formerly occupied by another (straight) nightclub, The Liquid Lounge, which was also the after-party venue for my year 12 formal (I went to an all boys catholic school and some of my fellow students were, quite frankly, a bit homophobic). The Cube was also the site of a fatal altercation a few years back. It's not as seedy as it sounds though. The music is good and it's generally a happy space. Didn't dance too long though. Was feeling kinda tired so went home after an hour. I must be getting old. What was really surprising to me was the lack of car parking space in Civic. I guess the nightlife in Canberra has really taken off. Cars and people were out in force.

No comments: