Friday, April 4, 2008

Dating milestone

Tommorrow is a significant day. For Nate and I, it will be our first year anniversary and the longest either of us had dated anyone. We met at the tram stop at Melbourne uni last year for our first date on Easter Thursday. It lasted three days and we have barely been apart since then. The plan is to go out for a celebratory dinner tonight. Tommorrow Nate is heading of to Sydney for a few days. Would have gone with him, but for the fact that I will be stuck here in Melbourne due to work (sigh).

The one year anniversary is a good time to reflect on the last few years. It's amazing how far I have progressed as an individual, more confident about who I am and with friends all over the world. It started with my coming out in the US in 2004, coming back to Australia and opening myself up to family and friends (who have all been amazingly supportive), going to Europe for 7 months (and sharing a house with a conservative straight muslim and a debaucherous gay polish-american), moving to Melbourne in 2006, exploring dating for the first time, and falling in love with someone special. Wow, what a journey it has been (with no doubt many more exciting adventures ahead).

1 comment:

Monty said...

It's a little belated...but happy anniversary! :-) I hope to be writing a similar post next March about McBrad and I...! :-)