Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Apec fashion critique


Well...the Apec forum has just wrapped up in Peru. I don't know about you, but the highlight for me is the costume parade. The organizers of APEC seem to be on the cutting edge of the latest trends and set the scene for what's hot and what's not for the upcoming season. Forget Paris. Forget New York. It's all about Peru this year. And the look? Potato sack race.

In the spirit of procrastination, let's take a quick journey into the costumes of APEC past (feel free to nominate your favourite)...

1. Thailand. Sawadee kup chic. This is a great look for the tropics.


2. Vietnam. I like how the female version comes with a matching dinner plate that can also be worn as a head dress.


3. Chile. Hmmm...I'm liking the colour but not sure about the angles. It makes everybody look like a giant corn chip packet.


4. South Korea. I think I'm going to turn this one into a Christmas card. John Howard looks so cute wrapped up in a bow.


5. Australia. Good ol' drizabone. It's very 2000 Sydney Olympics. In fact, I'm almost certain that these were left over from the opening ceremony.

3 comments:

Campbell said...

The one in No. 2 looks like she borrowed one of the Queen's hats!

FletcherBeaver said...

They all look a bit like art smocks I wore in various kindergarten and primary school years

Adaptive Radiation said...

Campbell-Yes, I agree. And it looks like George Bush really wants one.
FB-You must have had the most amazing smocks. I had to make do with my dad's grungy old shirts.