Sunday, November 23, 2008

Moving in the rain and the Luke Perry look-a-likes


What an absolute shitter of a day it was to try and get a bed from the city to Clayton. We waited and waited and waited and waited and the guy with the van simply didn't turn up. So...Nathan, Topi and I packed the bed back into storage and trudged through freezing cold wind and rain back to Spencer Street station. Arranged with the van guy to try again this morning. Fortunately he turned up this time. After packing everything into the van and waving them off (i.e. van man and Topi) I made my way to Borders in Melb Central and planted myself in a comfy chair and flipped through magazines for 2.5 hours...simple pleasures.

Met up with Topi for lunch later at a place called Singapore Chom Chom. Introduced Topi to a laksa, then headed off to Brunswick street to pick up his bass guitar. The Australian idol guy (see below) wasn't there (I swear I'm not stalking). There is something weird about the people that work in the shop...both sales guys today sported skinny jeans and pouffed up hair with extra-long side burns. Either it's the 'in' look at the moment or the shop is secretly a front for Luke Perry fanatics....I felt like I was on the set of the original Beverley Hills 90210.

2 comments:

The Mutant said...

That was Jacob Butler right? Sorry I'm totally hopeless with Idol contestants, I can tell you he used to be a South Australian and that he grew up in Mt Gambier, where his family still are. Of course it's been over two years since I lived there so I suppose he could be doing anythiing, anywhere now.

Adaptive Radiation said...

Yep...Jacob Butler. You seem more like a stalker than me.