Monday, December 22, 2008

Back in Canberra

Nathan and I have gone to Canberra to visit my family. We are only here for a few days so I've only told a few friends I'd be in town. Already, however, I've been spotted by a friend who didn't know I would be back for Christmas. Such run-ins reminds me just how small Canberra actually is.

Took Nate to old Parliament House. One of the rooms had an interesting exhibit about Australia's former prime ministers. Nate reckoned that our first PM, Edmund Barton, looked like Peter Phelps. I thought Watson was quite handsome.


Afterwards, we headed off to the National Gallery of Australia to check out an exhibition of Pacific island art. Some of the pieces had an amazing spiritual presence. One especially intriguing piece even contained human teeth.

2 comments:

Victor said...

I don't think I have seen a photo of PM Watson previously. I agree that he looks a handsome man seen side on.

Perhaps less so, seen full face (http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A120450b.htm)

Adaptive Radiation said...

Hmmm...maybe it's the mo. It makes him look like an emperor marmoset (a small south american monkey). He has a pretty strong jaw line and nice eyebrows though.