Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Local

Been flat out all week again. Apart from having to work on my stupid grant, I've also been running activities with a bunch of high school students at our uni. Am glad it's the weekend.

Last night, Nate and I headed off to a pub called The Local. We were meeting some friends there for drinks, one of whom was celebrating his birthday. We walked into the pub and noticed that none of our friends were there. The immediate thought was panic. Hmmm...maybe his email said 'HIS' local rather than 'The Local'. A quick call and the realisation that the pub had an upstairs section quickly took care of the initial self-doubt. Had a really good time. Met a girl from Canberra who is friends with somebody that I know etc etc (same old story...such a Canberra thing).

Afterwards, Nate, his cousin and I headed off to another birthday thing at PJ Obrien's on Southbank. The music was shit so I stayed for only a few minutes before coming home to bed. Anyhow...Nate returns home sometime later, stumbles into bed and apologises profusely for having met a couple of Australian idol contestants. His speech was a little slurred but evidently he was on the stage, conversations were had, 'love yous' were exchanged, and pictures were taken. I will interogate Nathan later when he wakes up and ask for evidence.

Heading off to see Nate's other cousin do stand up comedy later. I do hope he is funny.

No comments: