Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The ash cloud

I'm due to fly back to Melbourne tomorrow via Hong Kong.

Although I've had a fun and productive time, I can't wait to get back home after five weeks here in Europe.

Still, I've been closely monitoring the ash cloud over Australia and reckon it wouldn't be too bad to be 'stuck' in Hong Kong for a couple of days....I can go shopping and eat roast goose.

Alas, Cathay Pacific seems very unlikely to cancel any flights...while all the Aussie carriers have been grounding their planes, Cathay has been flying to and from Oz with out any sign of disruption.

2 comments:

Victor said...

Yes it is curious that the domestic companies have shut down whilst the overseas companies have kept flying.

Could there be economic reasons influencing the local decisions or are the overseas companies reckless?

ringBali said...

It is hard to decide whether to fly or not...