Sunday, March 4, 2012

Jet lagged in Gothenburg


It's bang on midnight here in Gothenburg and I have just woken up (and I know I won't be getting back to sleep again anytime soon). Ahh..,the joys of air travel.

I checked the status of my 'lost' bag and it seems that it has now arrived at the airport here in Gothenburg so hopefully I will receive it sometime today (which would be a huge relief seeing as I'm suppose to be travelling first thing Monday morning to a research station for a workshop).

This means, of course, that I won't be needing to go to the local H&M anymore to but a new wardrobe. The swedish clothing giant has just done a new collection of underwear featuring the sporting megastar David Beckham. Check out the pretty pictures here. Alas, I might go in for a browse anyway (no harm window shopping, right?)

I'm looking forward to exploring the city later this morning (i.e. when the sun come out). The temperature yesterday reminds me of Canberra in the winter...cold, crisp and sunny. From what I've seen so far, Gothenburg is a very beautiful city, with lots of hills and parks. There are trams here too....very pretty light-blue ones. I don't do holiday snaps but here is a photo I found on the web for Andrew:


I already had my scandinavian shrimp sandwich after arriving in the city yesterday. Today, I think I'll try to get hold of some hot smoked salmon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool tram destination.

Victor said...

Who upset the tram?