Sunday, August 12, 2012

the pink stuff in the tube

I headed down for brekky this morning at the hotel cafe. It was deserted. It seems everyone else must be sleeping in so I help myself to the food. They had reconstituted scrambled 'egg' on the menu. I didn't know it was reconstituted. It tasted like egg but had a nasty texture (don't think I'll be going for that again). There was also pickled herring at the buffet. I developed a liking for it on my last visit to Sweden but it is definitely an acquired taste and it took me several attempts before I finally decided I can stomach it. In addition to the pickled fish, I also tried some of the pink fish egg that comes in a toothpaste-like tube. Salty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'pink fish egg that comes in a toothpaste-like tube'.

I think I will stick to exotic Asian food. Fish eye balls sound quite delectable in comparison.

Victor said...

Interesting that you gave herring a few chances before warming to the taste. I would not have been so charitable.