Saturday, April 4, 2015

Easter break


I always look forward to Easter. And this year, I'm really relishing the break.

This past week at work has been awful. It was the first week back after my stint in hospital and just when I thought it was going to be a relatively laid back week in the lead up to Easter, I found out on Monday morning that one of my colleagues had passed away suddenly. It was unexpected and very sad and a lot of folks at work were deeply affected.

Anyhow, by week's end, Nathan and I were both ready to put the working week well behind us (Nathan had some dramas of his own to deal with mid week).

So...on Good Friday, we made our way up to Canberra to spend a few days with my family.

Nathan had just bought a car so we decided to do a road trip and bring the dog along. We stopped at Albury for lunch with some friends to break up the trip. Nathan (who was fresh from getting his P plates) was keen to drive the whole way. Bonus.

I just sat in the front, listened to the music, and zoned out for most of the journey. It was great.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, travelling by car might become a regular thing between Melbourne and Canberra. I have advice. Never ever stop to use the roadside toilet at a rest area about three or four hours south of Canberra.

Victor said...

Andrew, wise as ever about toilets this Easter.

Adaptive Radiation said...

Thanks for the tip. I try to avoid roadside toilet stops. My experiences (mostly overseas) have generally been unpleasant. We might try to drop by Holbrook on our way home. Truffles likes the big submarine.