Monday, May 18, 2015

Dinner at the airport

My aunt was passing through Melbourne on her way to Tokyo last night. She used to work for Qantas and is still entitled to staff travel. She pays a fraction of what I'd have to pay but her standby tickets do cause some anxiety and uncertainty. Hence, she was not sure whether she'd be flying via Sydney or Melbourne until Sunday morning.

Nathan and I met her at the airport for dinner. Dinner options are rather limited and I worried we'd be getting fast food until Nathan suggested I explore the restaurant offering at the airport Park Royal Hotel. It turned out to be surprisingly good.

We had a nice two course meal and a lovely catch up with my aunt, before seeing her off on her flight to Tokyo.

As we were driving back to the city, I was thinking I might be tempted to go back to the airport for another fancy meal...if only the car park didn't cost an arm and a leg.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised there is not concession parking offered, although I guess not too many would drive to the airport to dine, but they might if parking was cheaper.

Adaptive Radiation said...

Nathan and I only thought about it afterwards, as we were driving away. It was a pretty fancy restaurant so perhaps they do offer a parking concession but we simply didn't think to ask. Otherwise, a $27 parking fee is a bit steep given you can easily feed three people for that in some suburbs.