Sunday, September 16, 2018

Lack of client focus

A service provider  in the USA contacted me asking if I'd like to engage them for a conference I am organising in 2020 here in Australia.

They wanted to set up a Skype meeting. I said 'ok'.

They then send me a list of options for meeting times.

Two problems. First, all the times they gave were in Central US time, which was very annoying as I then had to work out what times those corresponded to here in Melbourne. Second, and even more annoyingly, all the times they offered were at ridiculously late hours of the night (1 am, really?).

I wrote back a polite email pointing all of this out and said that I don't think it's going to work. They have since sent me two emails apologising for the mistake. I'm normally a very forgiving kinda guy but lack of client focus is a big fail. Too many alarm bells.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is either terrible arrogance or just stupidity.........maybe both.

Adaptive Radiation said...

I think it was the latter. They were blaming miscommunication among staff. By contrast, another company met with me on Monday. They flew someone down from Sydney to accompany the local Melbourne team to meet me. Classy and impressive.