Sunday, January 13, 2019

Summer break

I've been on leave since before Christmas and I think this is the most relaxed I've been since starting my job in 2006.

Quite a few stars have been aligned to get to this point. First, I don't have to apply for a research grant this year. The grants are typically due in February and, hence, January tends to be a busy time for academics.

Second, I have accumulated too much annual leave so I need to take it or lose it.

Third, I got promoted to full Professor so I figured I deserved to treat myself to a break.

Nathan and I are off to Singapore today for a week. Should be fun.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in the Lion City, a place I liked very much during our visit of a few days. Good kopi!

Adaptive Radiation said...

Yep..I had a fantastic time. Will definitely go back again. So easy to get around and amazing food.