Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Brand icons



Why are some brands so iconic amongst the gay community? Does it have anything to do with signalling theory (i.e. wear it and signal to others your sexuality)? I've been quietly observing a guy that catches the same train as me...I swear I'm not a stalker but conceed that I need to get a life (or a good book). Anyhow, indulge me for a moment (it is, after all, my blog). On the first day, I noticed that the guy wore an Abercrombie and Fitch stripey polo shirt. On day 2, he wore another stripey A&F polo shirt. On day 3, he, once again wore an A&F shirt (not stripey this time). From these sets of observations, I can deduce a number of possibilities. First, the guy is a 'metrosexual' (the bane of gay guys the world over). Second, the guy works for A&F. Third, the guy is gay. Of the aforementioned possibilities, I reckon the most likely scenario is that the guy is gay (later confirmed by the fact that he, too, seems to spend a lot of time gawping at other guys on the train). Hmmm...I really need to get a good book.

1 comment:

Monty said...

Ha ha! Just keep perving at him (if he's cute that is)...hang the book!!! ;-)