Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Snap, crackle and flop



Tried my hands at making roast pork the other day. The best bit about a roast pork is, without a doubt, it's crackling. Of course, there is no point having roast pork if the crackling doesn't turn out just right. The secret, I've been told, is a generous sprinkling of salt. So...I rubbed a ton of salt into the pork skin and shoved it into the oven. The result, I must say, was a little disappointing. Sure, there were some crispy, crackly bits but there was also a whole lot of chewy rubbery bits too. Next time, I've been told, I should wait for the oven to actually preheat to the right temperature before shoving the meat into the oven.... a simple, yet devastating oversight. I think I need to be a little more patient.

1 comment:

Monty said...

Hey there, thanks so much for your comment on my blog! I've had a quick look through your blog...it's very interesting! Will have to keep an eye on it! :-)

Monty! x