Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The weekend that was...

I had a truly enjoyable easter this year. It started off on Thursday evening with drinks at the Queensberry Hotel (Nate's former work colleagues had organised farewell drinks for him). On Friday, we headed off to the country to visit Nate's family. Had a great time on the farm. Enjoyed the best pizza ever at the Yarragon pub. Came back on Sunday to catch up on some work. Sigh. I reckon I could have spent the whole weekend there. That night, Nate and I headed off to my favourite roast duck place on Little Bourke Street. The place was packed and we had to share a table with a chinese guy. It turns out that he was from Canada and was travelling across Asia and Australia for a year (he had just arrived in Melbourne from Tassie where he had spent a few weeks working as a fruit-picker). We ended up all going out for ice cream together at South bank. Funny how these things pan out sometimes. Had no idea we'd be meeting an interesting stranger on a casual evening out for tea. On Sunday, we caught up with Nate's former housemate, Penny, and a friend of her's from WA. We went to the delightful Waterfront Restaurant which is a fantastic seafood place situated in the Crown entertainment complex. For once, I actually ordered seafood (instead of the 700 gram Argentinian cut rib which I usually order everytime I go there). Delicious. Dinner was followed by a stint in the Velvet Lounge inside Crown (home of the giant cocktail). I had an extra day off work today so I did some grocery shopping and then caught up with the Canadian guy. Took him to chapel street to my favourite chai place, The Globe cafe. Am now at work (yes...on my off day). Sigh. Am only going to spend a couple of hours here though. Promise.

No comments: