Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Rusty metal, duck tongues and Eurotrash

Caught up with a friend/work colleague on the weekend. Took him to yum cha on Little Bourke Street. He had never been before. Decided to be adventurous and try something exotic so we ordered the steamed duck tongue with sea cucumber. Not bad but I don't think my companion enjoyed the sea cucumber much.

After lunch, my friend headed off to the camera shop and I walked down to Flinders Lane to check out the latest exhibition by Swan Hill artist, Lorraine Connelly-Northey at Gallery Gabrielle Pizzi. LCN uses found metal objects to craft amazing aboriginal 'string' bags. It was an amazing exhibition. Couldn't resist the urge and bought some pieces. I know Nathan will have a good laugh when he sees them...rusty bits of metal fashioned into art isn't everybody's cup of tea.

Caught the last hour of the Eurovision final on Sunday. Brought back memories of twice being in Finland when Eurovision was on. The second time I was there, Finland actually won. This time round, I thought Ukraine and Sweden were the best. I guess I'm a sucker for those over-the-top camp dance numbers!

No comments: