Friday, June 27, 2008

Spit roast

The greeks have invited Nathan and I to dinner this evening. The last time we went to Betty's place, she made us the most fantastic dinner so I am really looking forward to the greek BBQ betty has promised to put on for us tonight. The fact that she has taken the day off work to get the dinner underway only raises my expectations! I've been told there will be a lamb on a spit. It's really a farewell party for one of her daughters who is heading off on an overseas trip. Kathy has recently gone through a rotten break up and she needs the holiday away but its pretty obvious Betty is going to miss her heaps. We are planning to spend the whole night eating so I'm going to try to resist the temptation of a heavy lunch. Michelle, Betty's youngest daughter, will be picking us up in the arvo from the city which means that I'll be knocking off early today. Yay! Packing my pjs and bringing my pillow for a long night of eating and fun!

No comments: