Monday, February 2, 2009

Pride 2009

Went to the pride march yesterday afternoon. It seemed a lot better than the previous couple I've been to. There were people everywhere and the atmosphere was great. Was having an interesting conversation with a guy who reckons that the Melbourne gay community can be a bit superficial. I don't really have much of a point of reference but can certainly see how he may have developed such an opinion. I didn't really see it yesterday though...all I saw was joy.

3 comments:

Campbell said...

I was also there yesterday. I was a bit disappointed by the amount of commercial entries in the march.
Did you go down to the Catani Gardens afterwards? I was struck by the straw like look of the grass!!

Adaptive Radiation said...

Was having drinks at The Prince of Wales but eventually made my way down to the Gardens. Yes...I noticed the grass too. It was great to dance on it with bare feet. The music was great too. Only downer was Nathan losing his mobile phone.

Monty said...

If you want superficial, then Sydney's the place to be! LOL