Monday, March 8, 2010

Back from holiday

Got back from Lakes Entrance today. What an amazing holiday. On Friday, we stayed at Nowa Nowa in a beautiful house on a hill with a huge lichen-covered deck that jutted out into the Eucalypt forest, with a great view of the Tyers river. Saturday and Sunday were spent in Metung in a quaint little cottage set amongst rollng hills and only a 2 minute walk to a private beach and jetty. I went kayaking and bird watching, swam in the sea, visited art galleries and antique shops, ate great seafood at fancy restaurants, and read design magazines omn a couch in my pjs when it was raining. I was not in Melbourne to see the big storm. I had no access to work email. My mobile ran out of credit. It was fantastic.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I come next time pls? I'll miss the kayaking and I don't wear pjs but the rest sounds great.

Campbell said...

Sounds blissful AR

Adaptive Radiation said...

Andrew...Maybe we should organize a blogger's retreat!

Evol Kween said...

Ahhh, Metung. We have friends who moved up there a few years ago and we spend lots of weekends visiting them. It's a great spot.