Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sunday outing

After a rather crappy (wet) Saturday, we took full advantage of the 'dry' weather today to go on an outing this afternoon.
After some shopping (I needed to buy some new undies), we decided to go for afternoon tea at the National Gallery of Victoria. The sweets selection looked pretty awesome. If we didn't go for the scones, I would have opted for the macaroon at the front of the photo and Nathan would have gone for the lemon meringue tart.

I had read that the NGV has rehung their Pacific Island collection so I dragged Nathan for a look. This display of highland shields was pretty spectacular.
Nathan was perplexed by this minimalist sculpture titled 'Antarctica'.

2 comments:

Victor said...

I'm with Nathan, lemon meringue tart for me.

Adaptive Radiation said...

Next time ;-)