Thursday, December 7, 2017

Gift wrapping

Gift wrapping seems to be part of the service in many shop nowadays.

When it's free, the demand seems to be especially high. Yesterday, I bought a few things from a shop and was told there would be a 1-1.5 hour wait. I left the items with the shop attendant and picked them up today. They had been beautifully wrapped (much better than what I could have possibly done). I was very impressed.

I had to buy a birthday present today and was able to take advantage of the Christmas wrapping service to get the birthday gift wrapped too. Perfect!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

R is an unbelievably good gift wrapper. Everyone will know which is our or his gift because of the wrapping. We once waited forever in Myer to have something wrapped. Once home, R rewrapped and did a better job. My motto, if you can't get an expert for free, then you have to pay.

Victor said...

I fancy myself as a reasonable gift wrapper at least as far as the wrapping paper is concerned but I have never mastered the knack of turning ribbon into neat bows.

Adaptive Radiation said...

Andrew: I will bring my presents over next year for R to wrap. I would happily pay!
Victor: My bows are terrible. I blame being left handed.