Monday, May 12, 2008

Chai and taxidermied animals

Caught up with two friends on Sunday morning for brunch at Globe, my favourite cafe place on Chapel Street. Being mother's day, I was a little worried that we'd have more than just the regular gay clientele competing for tables. Fortunately, we arrived at the right time and grabbed ourselves some seats. I wanted to introduce Zac and Suzy to the best chai in Melbourne and they were suitably impressed. Afterwards, we wandered through to the Windsor end of the Street for a sticky beak at all the weird curios at my favourite second-hend shop Tarlo and Graham. Being vegetarian, I wasn't quite sure how Suzy would react to the stuffed animals (zebra, antelope, camel and birds). I think I managed to convince her that they probably died from natural causes (after falling victim to the snare traps).

No comments: