Monday, September 14, 2009

Worst brunch ever

Caught up with a friend for brunch on Sunday. We ended up walking over to Waterfront City at the northern end of the Docklands to an italian place. Given that I had another lunch gathering at 1.30pm, I decided to be a lesser pig than usual and settled on the banana porridge (instead of my usual greasy fry up). Big mistake. I've never ordered porridge at a restaurant before but I had expected it to be rich and creamy and gooey and delicious. The porridge I ended up getting was none of these things. It was dry, and coarse and sickly sweet (much like some people I know). It looked like it would be better utilised as a facial mask than something you should attempt to swallow for nutritional gain. Next time, I'm going to stick with the greasier breakfast options.

3 comments:

Evol Kween said...

Wow! Choosing porridge as the 'lighter' option??? I eat porridge when I want to be full up.

The Mutant said...

Ha, that'll teach ya. No good can come of anything that isn't deep fried!

Victor said...

I know that porridge is supposed to be healthy for you but I have never taken to it as a meal.

Glue for cutting and pasting purposes, yes. A meal? No.