Thursday, April 29, 2010

Work mayhem

I'm on leave for the next two weeks. Naturally, everything seems to have turned to shit whilst I am away (and I've only been absent for 2 days!). I have a despirited graduate student who just had two manuscripts rejected for publication, another student withdraw from honours due to personal issues and a third who is unable to meet a forthcoming thesis deadline due to a serious health problem. I really need to refrain from checking my work emails when I'm on 'holiday' but, then again, these are real people I am dealing with (and care about) so its not easy to switch them out of my life. What to do? Anyhoo...I think I managed to sort everything out whilst listening to bad 90s dance music and waiting to go out for a nice dinner at Southbank with the family.

No comments: