Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Finland

Well, we're finally here. The temperature in Helsinki is not much different from Melbourne (actually, Melbourne is slightly warmer) so it's funny to see people out and about in short sleeved shirts and shorts. My Finnish friend tells me that it's all relative. After months of subzero temperatures, Finns are happy to take off all their clothes when the mercury pops above zero. My biological clock is still out. The sun sets here after 10pm and rises again by about 4am which makes it harder to adjust. Nevertheless, I am sleeping well and it's really nice to be back.

4 comments:

Victor said...

OK now. Off you go for one of those naked dashes between the sauna and the frozen lake.

Anonymous said...

I meant to say before you went to enjoy yourself. Sounds like you are. Have fun.

Adaptive Radiation said...

Victor: Unfortunately I have to stay away from the sauna because of the heart issue but it would have been nice given how cold and wet I get from working with fish and aquaria all day.

Andrew: Thanks. So far so good. Went out on the water today to catch fish for experiments. I'm in my element. Sometimes I have to pinch myself that I get paid to do this kind of work!

Evol Kween said...

I'm SO jealous that you're in Northern Europe. I desperately want to go there. Enjoy!