Saturday, April 30, 2011

The week that was...

Wow. What a week. I think I had the best easter break...eva!

By best, I mean a relaxing break, visiting with friends and eating lots of yummy food like chocolate rabbits and chocolate eggs.

I've also discovered that my bathroom scales are broken because, quite simply, I could not have gained two kilos over a weekend.

I had an extra day off on Wednesday...my birthday. I'm now 35 (otherwise known as, 'five years until I am 40'). To celebrate, I went to the dentist to have my 6 month check up and get my teeth cleaned.

Met up with Nathan for dinner at my favourite chinese restaurant and ordered way too much food. At the end of the meal, my conversation with the waitress went something like this (translated from cantonese):

Me: I am really full.
Waitress: Of course you are.

I think she was implying that Nathan and I were pigs for ordering the double boiled chicken soup with wontons, a whole fried baby chicken (it was so cute), AND the braised pork knuckle.

The week of excessive feast continued into last night. Instead of staying home and watching the Royal wedding (Nathan was so terribly disappointed he missed out), we met up with some friends for dinner at a lebanese place in Carlton, where we ordered the impressive banquet, and I was able to demonstrate my infamous chicken wing trick (chicken wing goes into mouth; 14 seconds later, bones come out...no fingers or dining utensils necessary).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, wonder what else your chicken wing trick could be put to.

Evol Kween said...

Damn! You beat me to it Andrew!