Friday, October 21, 2011

Yummy dumplings


Went out for dinner last night at the Hu tong Dumpling Bar. I've heard people ranting and raving about this place for quite some time now (from food critic Matt Preston to the guy I see everyday on the train). This restaurant's reputation is well deserved....the 'xiao long bao' were absolutely amazing (the best I've ever tasted).

I had a very nice catch up with my former PhD student and his co-supervisors. It was funny leaving the restaurant though. All four of us are extremely tall and I heard one waiter make a comment about our heights to another (in mandarin). And as we were leaving, I noticed a lot of the customers staring at us. I must say it is refreshing to be surrounded by people that are the same height...I feel less freakish that way.

3 comments:

Evol Kween said...

Oooh, did you go to the Chinatown one, or the one on Commercial Rd. They're both good!

Victor said...

Wow, three others of your height would certainly make for a 'tallsome foursome'.

Adaptive Radiation said...

EK: The one in Chinatown. I forgot that there was one on Commercial Road too.

Victor: And I wasn't even the tallest!