Saturday, August 11, 2012

Finland - day 2

The second day of my trip in Finland was a mix of work and play. I caught up with one of my colleagues for lunch and then spent a couple of hours working on a scientific manuscript in a cafe. As a reward, we went shopping afterwards. There was the obligatory stop over at Marimekko as well as a visit to H&M (Nathan had a wish list of clothes he wanted me to get for him). In the evening, I caught up with some other friends at a restaurant that was simply called "China". Evidently it was the "first chinese restaurant in Helsinki since 1973". Not sure exactly what that means but it was packed with chinese people. In fact, I haven't seen so many Asians in the once place since leaving the airport. The food was passable. Then it was off to a bar for post dinner drinks. We each ordered a 'mocktail.' I know it sounds lame but one of us was pregnant (not me) and one of us doesn't drink. Plus, we had to get up early the next day for our flight to Copenhagen.

No comments: