Saturday, October 17, 2015

I got to meet a radio star


When I was a kid, the ABC showed an amazing documentary series called The Nature of Australia. Watching that series was a real turning point for me as a young nature lover and definitely contributed to my decision to pursue biology as a career. The series was narrated by Robyn Williams. He was superb.

Fast forward to last Tuesday. I was waiting in the foyer of the ABC studio in Southbank with several other colleagues waiting to do pre-recorded interviews with Robyn for his radio programme. It was really exciting.

I was up first. Before the interview, I got a chance to tell him how much I had loved that series and the influence it had on me....I was more than a little star struck.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the Science Show?

Adaptive Radiation said...

Yes it is. I don't listen to radio but I've heard his programme is excellent. I believe he even celebrated a 40 year milestone this year.

Victor said...

I must download the podcast!

Adaptive Radiation said...

Not sure when it will be broadcast Victor but I'll let you know when I find out.

Victor said...

Do you know the broadcast date yet?