Thursday, December 3, 2015

Germany next

I'm back form Portsea (which was terrific, by the way) but there's hardly any time back in Melbourne before I head off again.

Tomorrow night I'll be flying to Germany. I've been invited to give a public lecture about my research. The hosts are paying for everything. Sweet.

I'm going to spend a couple of days in Berlin afterwards visiting with a friend. Brigitte recently retired and has just bought herself a nice little apartment. She is planning on splitting her time between Australia and Germany. Fortunately for me, she just so happens to be in Germany while I'm there. Brigitte has promised me a couple of days of nice food and art. It will be lovely to visit with someone who is familiar with the city and the language.

I'll be back in Oz already on the 14th December. A whirlwind trip.

No comments: