Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Pre-Christmas bits and bobs

Well, Germany is all but a distant memory and I'm at the airport again...this time on my way to Canberra to visit the folks.

It's been a quick few weeks back in the office but the most memorable experiences have revolved around food and drink (they usually are).

First up, this interesting mocktail that a restaurant in Richmond whipped up for me last week (my friend's vietnamese beer sits alongside for scale). It's basically a fruit juice concoction served with a fancy stick of fruit and lots of ice. I'm not sure how much I paid for it but I don't think it would have been cheap. It was tasty though.
On Saturday night, I caught up with a colleague who is visiting from Europe. We went for Korean. It was a super hot day so I opted for this traditional cold Korean beef noodle soup. It was yuk. Definitely not to my taste (I think its the weird sensation of cold beefy broth...it messed with my mind. Broth should be hot).

The bad Korean experience was compensated a few days later when I was invited to high tea at the Park Hyatt by a couple of my colleagues. This was more to my liking (even though I regard myself as more of a 'savoury' person). The scones were great.


No comments: