Monday, March 28, 2016

Buggered up arm

I think I've buggered up my arm. Well, actually, I'm pretty sure I did.

It happened a few weeks ago.

I was on the bus on my way home from work. It was crowded. I was standing in the isle, each hand holding onto a straphanger (one on each side of the isle). A car suddenly cut in front of the bus, which had to break suddenly. My body lurched forward and side ways, twisting my right arm (still holding onto the straghanger) at a weird angle. At the same time a fat passenger catapulted into the back of my arm. The pain was excruciating.

Since then, I have managed to aggravate it three times with innocuous arm movements....twice when I was  in bed and once when I was moving a small pot plant on the balcony. Each time, the pain has been intense (i.e. rolling around on bed and moaning loudly kind of pain).

I went to see my GP the other day. Of course, when I was in the Doctor's room and was told to move my arm at all kind of weird angles, there was no pain. Grrr. [Oh, as an aside, I think my GP might be gay. I told him that I am feeling very old and experiencing all kinds of aches and pains. He then took out his phone to show me a picture of his (10 year) younger self wearing a tiara. Hmmm....time has not been kind to him.] 

I am going to get an ultrasound on Friday.

No comments: