Sunday, September 25, 2016

Convoluted journey

I had an opportunity to travel to Israel for a work meeting. Unfortunately I had to decline due to other work commitments but it did get me thinking...how does one get to Israel from Australia?

Due to the political situation, some carriers and transit destinations are obviously out of the picture (e.g. Emirates). Also, I understand that flight paths can be constrained. I asked the colleagues who are going and it seems that there are options through Asia but the transit times seem a bit nightmarish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess the main option would be via Singapore. Surely there would be a direct flight from there.

Adaptive Radiation said...

Yes...for some reason, colleagues are flying via Hong Kong and Bangkok. Maybe better connections?