Sunday, November 20, 2016

Poo(l) etiquette

There are certain rules governing acceptable and unacceptable behaviour in and around public swimming pools.

I would think that one of those would be to not let your children poop in the pool.

And, ok, assume that it was an unavoidable accident, I would think that the decent thing to do is to tell the other users of the pool (or at least the people in charge of the pool) so they can do something about it (e.g. jump out of the pool and take a shower!).

My students in Townsville found out the hard way that not everyone is considerate when it comes to poo(l) etiquette.

A kid did a shit in the motel swimming pool when my students were cooling off after fieldwork one day (lucikly I decided to take a nap instead). The parents of the kid discretely retrieved the offending floaters and then left without telling anyone. My students only found out when they saw said floaters in the bin.

Oh well, at least the parents had the decency to scoop out the poop.

No comments: