Thursday, March 19, 2009

The great train debacle

There were train issues heading home from work yesterday. Due to an 'incident' at the previous station, city bound trains were cancelled. In hindsight, I would have been better off waiting at the station until services resumed. Instead, I decided to take the bus to a different station and to try and intercept a train from there. Well...what an adventure. I ended up taking four buses and three trams to get back to the city. The travel time? 2.5 hours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trying to get around incidents often leads to more problems with public transport. I've tried buses and trams before trying to get home and usually still end up wasting a lot of time.

I got stuck because of that incident but only for at most 10 minutes (but that was after I waited 20 minutes for a train I could on at all). I blamed the earth tremor for causing problems, even those gang issues!

Victor said...

Mmmmm, maybe Sydney's public transport is not so bad after all.