Thursday, March 26, 2009

It was all worthwhile...

I stepped in to deliver four lectures this semester in a course that I have never taught before. I was quite daunted by the prospects because I had very little time to prepare the lecture material (our head of department made a last minute request for someone to step in because the department had stalled in the interview process for new academics who were suppose to teach in that course). Today I delivered the first of the lectures. It ended with spontaneous applause from the students. I guess it went well.

4 comments:

Campbell said...

I have to say AR that good lecturers are few and far between in my current experience of tertiary study, so to end with applause is a very positive sign. Well done!

Adaptive Radiation said...

Thanks Campbell...let's just hope they weren't applauding because the lecture was finally over!

Victor said...

Congratulations. You must be relieved and satisfied.

Adaptive Radiation said...

Thanks Victor...it IS a relief. Generally, though, I find the teaching side of academia just as rewarding as my research. I get such a buzz after each lecture.