Friday, July 24, 2009

Im hoping it's just a pimple

I'm suppose to be going to an animal research facility on Monday. It's been lined up for weeks now; a very important meeting to discuss use of the facility for my student's research. The monkeys housed at the facility are highly susceptible to cold sores. Apparently, it can be fatal for them. I've never had a cold sore on my lip before so I don't know what one is suppose to look like. But you can imagine my horror this morning when I looked into the bathroom mirror and noticed a small, red bump on my upper lip. Am I being a hypochondriac? Could this really be happening? Surely it's just a pimple? I'm not taking any risks. Straight to the pharmacy for ointment (which has been plastered liberally over the offending bump). I've also got myself a couple of lemons for topical application (apparently an effective home remedy). Crap. Crap. Crap.

3 comments:

The Mutant said...

Zinc is apparently the answer, either taken as a suppliment or applied to the area.

Although I have no idea the name of it, if you go to the pharmacy and ask for the 12 hour coldsore tablets they'll hook you up with a no-fail solution.

Good luck.

Adaptive Radiation said...

Thanks!!!

Victor said...

Must be the season. I've had two pimples emerge on my face this week. They took my mind briefly away from my ongoing vertigo problems.