Friday, January 15, 2010

Fuck it

It's been one of those weeks. The kind that actually feels like you've packed a fortnight's worth of stuff into the span of a mere five days. I left work at 7.30pm tonight but 'yay!', I survived.

I survived a committee meeting that lasted 5 hours at the start of the working week. I survived the challenges of organizing a three day science event for a hoard of screaming teenagers (and even found it rewarding). Miraculously, no child died under my watch and only a couple suffered (minor) injuries (one kid fainted and another suffered a dislocated knee at the BBQ/disco event). Sure, there were a few minor hiccups...someone left their mobile phone in a lecture theatre, I forgot to return a set of keys by the 5pm deadline, and there is a box of weird chemicals sitting in my office that I'm going to need to palm off to someone next week. But you know what? Fuck it. Fuck the phone. Fuck the keys. Fuck the chemicals. I'll deal with them on Monday.

It's the weekend....and I intend to make the most out of it. Fuck the email I just received telling me that a progress report I was suppose to write by 7 January is now overdue. I'll deal with that later. And fuck the thief (or thieves) who stole my student's video recording equipment. The insurance will deal with the equipment, karma will deal with the thief (thieves).

I'm in my pyjamas, my dinner is ready, and (once I hit the 'publish post' button) I intend to savour every minute of what the weekend has to offer.

No comments: